Tuesday, December 22, 2009

dadSongs - On Broadway

Ever hear a song and it brings to mind a memory, a story, or just a feeling? Yeah, I think we can all relate. You, little ones, have a lifetime of building these memories and associations. One day at work it occurred to me that a bunch of songs make me think of your dad. I thought I might jot down some of them as time goes on. I love music. I love your dad. So tagged dadSongs.

On Broadway
George Benson
You Tube link

I think this one sticks out because I was surprised you dad liked it. I'd heard it before, but I don't think I could have named it or the artist before your dad pointed it out. This feels like a song that came up early in our relationship. Your dad appreciates the section where George sings the guitar melody. Again, not something I would have picked out, but your dad did. And actually it's pretty cool. I have an appreciation for it now I didn't have before. Your Dad likes his guitars (as you undoubtably know, I'm waiting for the "don't touch Daddy's guitars" lesson as you get older...that and the "don't touch Daddy's Star Wars collection". Ah, the fun we'll have learning lessons).

No comments: