Friday, December 11, 2009

Wednesday

I am SO thankful for my Wednesdays. Not only does it make work easier (if I'm sick of work by Tuesday I get a built in break), but I get to spend a real whole day with the kids. No, it's not always fairies, rainbows, unicorns and leprechauns leading me to a pot of gold, but I am very, very fortunate to have this option. And very thankful.

Just some more "trying to capture the moment" snapshots.




A couple Wednesdays ago I took the kidlets to the mall with me. I'm not a mall person, but after being cooped up in the house I thought it would be good to get out. Generally I don't shop at mall-type stores. I'm too much of a cheapskate. But malls in Minnesota are a good thing, despite the recent trend to build outdoor style shops (what are you thinking developers? It's cold/snowy/crappy half the year!). This time I thought we'd try a different mall - one that I used to frequent more often when I lived with my parents. I hadn't been there in a long time, but I remembered it had a carousel in the open atrium in the middle. That sealed the deal. I figured if nothing else the kids would get a kick out of it.

So are you waiting for mall pictures? I don't have them. But I do have the blurry shot of Roman giving the sock monkey Christmas ornament a snuggle.



I got two monkeys. I figured since monkeys seem to be one of your favorite things (say it: ooo! ooo! ooo! ooo!) we had better get some monkeys for our tree. Mama can take them out every year and remind you of how cute you were mimicing the monkeys in your books. Again with the wistful mama!



Zoe, she likes the monkey alright.





But she really liked the jingle bell on a string too. So much she had to taste it (imagine that!). And yes, I was watching her carefully so she didn't choke on anything.




Roman's pretty happy with the pacifier, and the occasional child-proofing item (that's a door knob lock that's caught his fancy below).



Hi Everybody!


Later, Zoe shared a block from the train. Psych! She likes to make the offer anyway. I wouldn't take it too seriously. You might have to put up something of a tug of war if you really want that block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for sock monkies and mommies who 'have Wednesdays!' The pics are wonderful!
Love, annie