Tuesday, January 12, 2010

dadSongs- Margaritaville

[anything by]
Jimmy Buffet

Ah, Jimmy. I think of a tent down by the river near Red Wing. Your dad was working in the event business and invited me down to watch him work. Your dad's like that. He's always wanted to include me. His free time could be short and sporadic, so he tried to take advantage of the down time during and event. So I went down to hang out with him. This had to be 2003 or so.This particular event was tied in with a marina and had a nautical/island type theme. Bring on Jimmy. Apparently the Buffet soundtrack had been used a fair number of times before by his employer. Your dad, he's not so fond of it anymore (and maybe he never was a Parrothead). So whenever one of his greatest hits comes on (Margaritaville, Volcano, Cheeseburger in Paradise) I think of your dad and giggle. Or sometimes sing along if he's in the room, just to pour salt into the wound.

No comments: