Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Wiggles

File under "if you would have told me this 10 years ago I would have said you were nuts".

We splurged.
I don't know how this happened. What was the trigger? Daddy got a blu ray player? Was that the starting point? Back in November your dad found a good deal on a blu ray player. Movie/tv viewing nut that he is he'd been waiting for an opportunity to get one. Me, well I don't really see the difference. And I REALLY didn't want to open the floodgates. He's a dvd collector. He WAS a dvd collector before we put the reigns on spending (due to you guys and due to the economy). Getting a blu ray player made me think that he'd find this the opportunity to re-buy his favorite films in a new format. NOOOOOOOOOOO!
At any rate the blu ray was in the house.

He strategically purchased one that had the capability of streaming Netflix. Did we have a Netflix subscription?
No.
Within a week we did.
Was our internet connection fast enough to stream movies?
No.
Upgrade our connection speed. Upgrade to a new router (to boost the wireless connection), buy a new modem (to fix the connectivity issues, which later turned out to be our providers issue- they kept bumping us back to a "heavy users pool" even after we paid the extra $5 a month to avoid this)...Ah. Finally by Christmas we had the Netflix portion of the blu ray fully functioning.

It is AWESOME!

We've been watching episodes of LOST from the start. We got into it late, so it's been fun to go back and watch the first couple seasons of episodes.

Then one night I was scanning the instant download kids section and saw the Wiggles. I'd heard of them, so I thought I'd check it out. The particular title I found was their "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" dvd. Wow. Really?



Lots of Color, music, dancing. Zoe and Roman were mesmerized. A short time later I found another one - the Wiggles Go Bananas.
Monkeys! Bears! all kinds of aminals. I've lost count of how many times we've watched that one now. Zoe dances. We keep trying to catch it on video. Let's see if we're successful.

So...It is AWESOME too. In a different way. I think I actually enjoy Go Bananas as much as the kids. And that has come as quite the surprise to me. Oh well, embrace it.:)

Belows a link to a short promo. The cockatoo in the beginning always makes Zoe laugh. And the song is one of my favorites on the disc. It comes with some dance moves the kids are going to enjoy when they get a bit bigger.



I really like this song. Roman and Zoe like this song. Daddy - he's tolerating it.


Amended later
Monkey Man by the Wiggles


inspires Zoe (not good quallity, but you'll get the idea)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!
I just wanted to say I can so totally related to your post on the BlueRay, internet upgrades, and NetFlix subscription. It is uncanny how boys are drawn to these "traps" despite our warnings of the impending expenses. Will they ever head the warnings?? ha ha!! Probably not! And yes, like you I am watching children's shows that I never ever thought I'd watch and even secretly enjoying some of them. Just some of them though! Anyways, it's good to hear that things are going well with you. Roman and Zoe are growing so fast. It's been so fun watching them explore, accomplish and grow! Take care!! Amy Gilliam