Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Restaurant series, vols 1 &2 May


Grandma Jane took us to Mickey D's for lunch the other weekend.Hooray!


You guys really do like to go out (or maybe that's just me building up that observation because I like to eat out - no preparation, no dishes...ah...wunderbar).


But then again it is something different. People to watch, food to dip in ketchup (a newly utilized condiment, yummy says Roman). Going to McDonalds was always a treat when I was a kid. When I start to think about it things were really different back then.



But I won't go on. I'm sure I'll be able to tell you stories over and over and over again. Not the "when I was a kid I had to walk to school up hill both ways" but "when I was a kid it was a special treat to go to a restaurant that allowed unlimited refills on pop (yes POP!)". Funny how that was the deciding factor on my favorite restaurant. Ponderosa? or Bonanza? I think both exist, but it was one of those...Nobody else had a self serve pop machine. I know I didn't care about the food one lick. Free pop. woo hoo.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch we decided to kick off the weekend Tex Mex style.



Your dad worked really close to Lone Spur a few years back (and I worked maybe 10 minutes away for awhile too). So when a half price gift certificate deal came up for this place I took advantage of it.



Crayons! They gave us crayons!
Even if the service wasn't fast, it sure goes fast when you've got two very active little kids. "uh oh" crayons on the ground. Sip of milk. Scribble, scribble, scribble. Uh oh. Crayons on the ground. No don't eat the crayon. Sip of milk. Uh oh. "broke?" No, mommy can't fix it..use the other crayon. Sip milk. HOWL!



Roman can really get immersed in something. Focus. Concentration. Take the crayon out of the cup. Put the crayon back in the cup. Take the crayon out of the cup, put the crayon back in the cup. I think he's got some hard wired organizational skills, or like his mom he likes to complete a task for the simple joy of completing a task.

Despite the photo below (Zen and crayola), Zoe seems to be more fixated on having fun. Future life of the party? She does her sitting "happy dance" aka "wiggle butt". We'll always have Winnie the Pooh to refer to if we forget - he does the same thing in the original movie version...Zoe, she's been known to howl. So exciting to be out in the world...



Video (which I put together after writing the above. My memory did serve correctly!:

No comments: