Friday, June 4, 2010

Teddy Bear Park

On Memorial Day we visited Teddy Bear Park in my hometown* of Stillwater.

(*really? - I'm never 100% comfortable calling it that. I lived out my junior and senior high years there but I didn't really "plant" myself there at that point. Actually I don't think I've really fixed myself in place -big picture wise - until i met your dad and had you two. I certainly have a new appreciation for the town. It would be a nice place to live)



There's a story to this place. It didn't exist when I lived there, but was donated by an illustrious citizen (transplant) of the town. Or so I hear. If I wasn't lazy and tired and writing the last of several blog posts in one night I would research it on the internet. Park. Nice. Teddy Bears. Granite. Climbing wall. ETC.



RaRa enjoyed the many slides.



Grandpa Jon assisted with shepherding the twins.



There were a lot of kids. Yikes.
There was a calendar posted with notification of Wednesday concerts in the morning. We might have to go back for that.



Okay, less lazy: $3 million dollar park donated by residents (former Dell honcho). Wait, 3 MILLION?.
http://wcco.com/local/Teddy.Bear.Park.2.359387.html

No comments: