Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mr. Blue Eyes


The other weekend when we went to go visit Sister Helenette she commented on Roman's eyes. I still am a little "wowed" by them sometimes, mainly because they're so big. She agreed, but she said it was light blue color that really stood out. "You don't see that very often". And I guess that is true. Your Dad and I have green (ish) eyes. Your Grandpas have blue eyes (and I hope that's right, because that's what I'm remembering). But I also remembered Grandma Jane talking about her mother Vivian's vivid blue eyes. When I confirmed this, she said that you really noticed it later in life when she didn't wear her glasses all the time. Then I thought of the picture below, which Grandma J and Grandpa J have hanging up in their house and thought it would be a nice thing to add to this collection. And I'm going to think of Grandma D when the color of your eyes comes up again!

I'm sure I could come up with a million Grandma D stories (10 cent shoes from a rummage sale comes to mind...thriftiness didn't lose it's grasp as it went on down the line to me!). She was a good hearted woman with some interesting ways at looking at the world. It's one of those things where I was so shy and inner focused that I probably didn't know her as well as I should. I was more a tag-a-longer and an observer. But I have lots of memories of visiting her and Grandpa.

No comments: