Friday, March 19, 2010

Of Dogs and Boys...

What is the attraction between people and animals (pets)? There is something there, an almost instantaneous magnetic connection, an undeniable force that compels us to bond. A bond that is not easy to let go of...

Last Sunday, the weather was gorgeous, Daddy was trying to finish a home project, and Mommy was begging to go out for a walk and not waste a beautiful day after what seemed to be a winter that lasted too long. I agreed that it would be a shame to waste such a day. So off we went towards the park thats behind the public library. We went there last year on the same weekend so now I guess that will be our tradition. But the paved trails that we normally would take were sunken under the snow melt. So we were forced to take the "long way" round and along the way were a few dog walkers.

This was the "ding, ding" bell moment for Roman and Zoe! They both can talk a little, but prefer to recognize animals by the sounds they make, i.e... a cow is "moo", a cat is "meow" etc... so as the dog walkers went by the twins in their stroller, little "woof, woof woof"s eminated from the stroller followed by a few excited "daw!"s. Roman for sure has caught the bug for dogs, as every time we get in and out of the car, he looks for the neighbor's dog. We get to the park and Roman and Zoe are loving every minute of being able to run and play freely when all of a sudden:




"Did I hear a dog barking?"





"I think I heard something too!"





"Hey there is a dog! I can see him coming around the bend!"





"There he goes, I should hurry if I want to pet him!"





"Oh no, Zoe's getting a head start! Can't let her get there first!"





"Okay, now we're getting there! Here I come puppy!"






"Wait, where'd he go? Is he around this tree?





"Oh no, I am losin' him! He's gettin' away!"





"Aw, shucks! I lost him. Man, I'll never catch a puppy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Very Much I enjoyed this writing and the pictures that accompanied it. Thanks! annie