Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Somebody (ies) like their books!



I made a run over to the public library by work at lunch today. I perused the kid dvds and cds...Nothing really caught my fancy. I went and looked at books. They had a couple of bins full of board books. I had to stop myself. The last time I attempted it some of the books got chewed up. My own fault. I wasn't supervising the books. Er, the kids. We're not quite there yet, but we're getting closer to the day when we CAN go the library and get a stack of books.
What joy.



Meanwhile, Roman and Zoe enjoy their collection. One of the latest is an oversize ELMO! book with flaps that reveal surprises. They love it. What a good buy that was (from a used book sale at work, woo-hoo).



For the two years I went to community college after high school I worked at the local public library. Reshelving books primarily but sometimes "shelf reading", or making sure the books were in the right order on the shelves. I found this relaxing. I found this interesting. Lots of good stuff to look thru. My favorite room was the kids room. I loved to go in there and alphabetize the books and take a look at all the fun kids picture books that were out there.

1 comment:

Jane said...

The "apples" didn't fall far from the tree. When you (Mary) were little you loved your "boops". We read. Your grandma B bought lots of them for you. After you fell asleep, I would take all the books you had fallen asleep reading out of your little bed. Fitting that one of your first jobs was at the library. Lori, one of the librarians, still asks about you.