Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I know my chicken, you got to know your chicken

You know some stuff really is made for kids, like the 20-30 minute Bird Show at the zoo. There's a window of years where it just isn't all that entertaining (for me, for, oh, a couple of decades previous to you).

But watching you clap and squeal with delight - well that makes the show for me. It was hard to take pictures mid-show, but I got a couple as Zoe asserted her independence a few times.




At the end we got to see a Bald Eagle up close.
That's a big bird, guys.




And a mmmmmumbles south or central American something owl.
I looked on the zoo site - can't find it. An owl (spectacled? Yes - spectacled owl!)

I told you two not to stare to long into the owl's eyes, for they'll snatch your soul! No, I said no such thing, but I do recall thinking how amazing their eyes were when I made eye contact. As the pictures suggest both R & Z liked being held by mom and dad when they were that close.


No comments: