Friday, August 27, 2010

Sometimes you gotta wake a sleeping baby



Although I don't know that we can call you babies anymore.



It's amazing all the little connections your brains are making. I recently had an epiphany. Send your kid to daycare - it'll make you think yours is brilliant. Why? Because they'll do something and you'll think they spontaneously figured it out. Probably not true...It may be something they picked up from their wonderful child care provider (Shawn!) or Grandma, or yes, even dad (:))!

These two are coming up with more and more. Stringing words together. "Noisy motorcycle". If you've been to our house in the summer you know why this comes into play (busy street!). Zoe took the umbrella out of my work bag (better than the laptop!) and asked me to open it. I did. A minute later she went and got her "little people" patio table/umbrella and was telling me that it too was a 'brella. Good girl!

Zoe's pretty good at her "thank you", although often it's when she should be saying you're welcome, but I'm not going to complain. "Thank you, mommy" just sounds so sweet coming from her little voice. And "bless you" in response to a sneeze. 'Neeze.

Meanwhile, back at the Bat cave, these two had to be stirred from their sleep this afternoon so we could go to the wedding rehearsal and wedding party dinner.

Oh boy.
Yes, you are almost two.
You know, I just forget these things. :)

No comments: