Friday, January 9, 2009

Accidental milestones (most likely)

Last week after I gave Zoe a bath and afterward I put her on her tummy. Gotta remember to have the tummy time and that seems like as good an opportunity as any. They're both usually pretty mellow after and usually have an empty tummy. So Zoe was having a good old time and BAM! she rolls over. My girl!

Midweek I was giving Roman a bath, his sister was asleep in the living room. By the time we were done with Roman's bath she wasn't asleep anymore. I put Roman on his tummy. I've read it's advisable to let your child be out of a diaper for awhile during the day (I think to dry the skin out a bit, although that doesn't seem to be an issue with these two). So I figured we'd multitask. Nekkidas a jaybird tummy time. Yee haw. Roman was liking it. I went out to the living room (5 steps away), grabbed Zoe and came back to find a screaming Roman, on his back. He rolled over and I missed it. Although to be fair he rolled over several weeks ago when I put him on his tummy when he wasn't in Mr. Relaxed mode. He actually rolled over something like 3 times in a row. I don't count that, and I don't really count this because it seems accidental. But they both did it in the same week, so it's got to count for something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Just finished my Sat. am 'fix' of Ro,Zo,Mo,Po...............:-) I, too, am like a child and like sounds that sound the same...:-) Must just tell you how I love all the pics but the one now at the top right with the monkey makes me grin!
Love ya, annie