Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not so little baby

It's sinking in. In the last few weeks I've had the opportunity to go shopping a few times. I always go check out what's on clearance for baby. What's on clearance more often than not seems to be 0-3 months.
0-3 months doesn't fit anymore. That makes me a little sad. My babies are getting big! Babies getting big -that makes me happy, especially since when we brought you home from the hospital it was a such a struggle. Wake you every 3 hours and try to keep you awake for the entire bottle. I pleaded with you "you have to eat this honey so you can get big and strong". I saw a preemie outfit on clearance this weekend at the MOA. It made me sigh a bit. You won't be the itty bitty babies anymore, and it's a surprise that I'm going to miss it. Very frequently I walk around thinking about how having you is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Or come from me.

Your smiles and giggles make all my worries and tiredness go away.



When I got pregnant with you two there was so much to anticipate. So much that I didn't know, so much I thought I should know. I was the baby of the family, with no younger cousins and no younger kids in the neighborhood. Until, SURPRISE!, a new baby brother when I was 13 1/2. So I had the chance to see a baby grow up. Today my baby brother is 23(happy birthday Uncle Andy!) From that time I remembered bits and pieces, and not a lot about newborns. I remember the day Andy came home and then I remember him crawling and beginning to walk. There's a lot in between there.

When you first came home you were so fragile, it was almost kind of scary. But after a few days or weeks (it's a blur and will only get to be more of one as time goes on!) both Daddy and Mommy became more comfortable. Which brings me to today. No more itty bitty baby clothes. And this only a MINOR transition in the collection of transitions you will have. But I thought I'd let you know how surprised I am at all of this. At how I'll miss you being little bitty babies. But that I'm enjoying it to the fullest now so that I'll have no regret. (except of course now daddy is cuddling with the fidgety Roman, and I should be there...)

At any rate... A few photos from the last week or so. Zoe after a bath, above. And Zoe's hand. She's doing a good job of gaining weight and we get a kick out of her little wrist, mainly because her hand and lower arm have ample padding surrounding it.



You two are getting good at the tummy time - heads up high.



Roman is becoming a master at flipping over, at least a few times before he gets tired. Zoe's only done it the one time that I've seen. I have a feeling she'll just amaze us at one point with her skill and not look back (pictures above and below are from tonight - note the "padded" forehead as well).



Next week is the 4 month checkup. I can't wait to see where they are weight and size-wise, and how they compare.

No comments: