Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just saying hello



and enjoying the view of the aminals.



I just read Roman a couple of books- a Monkey Among Us and Do Your Ears Hang Low (thanks aunt Shannon for the latter) and he actually started yawning. I put him in the crib and he just gave a few little cries. Then eyes shut. A new bedtime routine.


I love books. I love kids books. I worked in the Stillwater public library for 2 years when I was going to college and my favorite part was going thru the kids collection. I've got a few books that I purchased over the years because they were favorites, but I look forward to adding to the collection. The bargain hunter in me says to check the thrift shops and garage sales, but there's a few that I'll have to get fresh off the book store shelf...Plenty of time for that though! I might need to get a part time job at the bookstore to fund the book fund!

Zoe had her pre-requisiste crabbiness because she's tired and then fell asleep. One day she'll figure out she can just go to sleep, she doesn't need to be fussy about it. I can't believe how much she's sleeping though. I woke her up twice this past weekend just before 9. Last night she slept thru until 7:45 this morning. 12 hours! I didn't hear how she napped, but I'll find out tomorrow. It's my day home with the kids.
Ms Zoe is still sleeping in Dad's arms out in the living room. I asked him if he wanted me to put her in her crib. "No. I'm fine". Nothing wrong with holding a sleeping baby.

No comments: