Thursday, September 29, 2011

What to do on a week off

Grab a map and check out a Three Rivers Park! 
French Regional, to be exact.

Sound good?
Yeah, I thought so too.

Have Mommy pull you through the woods (Ms. ZOE)?!
Her chariot awaits.


Bridges are fun (and apparently worthy of extracting oneself from the wagon). I always think "Poohsticks" when I cross a bridge like this. We need to throw sticks over one of these days and see whose goes under the bridge first.

Feathers all over? Yeah, probably not good to let the kids pick up possibly disease infested castoffs from nature...but  I did. This was more than a week ago and you're still raring to go, so I think it turned out okay. 



And a turtle sanctuary at the beach?! Wishing you Dad wasn't working and was here with us...Well wishing your Dad was with us. Working is a good thing.


It was  a breezy cloudy day, but still nice to be outside.



The funny thing is pre-ZoRo I did hike at this park in preparation for a weekend backpack trip up North. What I didn't remember was that there was a rather large playground on site. Not Elm Creek, but still.  Based on the wear and tear (and re-pair), it must have been there those 8 years ago, but it wasn't high on my list of things to remember at that point in my life ;)








No comments: