Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You can't eat just one


So we got to this page in the Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever last night. We had some tougher words. Half timbered house? Probably not in the vocab just yet. Windmill? Perhaps. So I pointed and asked Zo and Ro if they knew what it was. They get this look on their face when they are thinking and don't have the answer immediately. Often they surprise me and just blurt out a right answer. I was waiting for some rendition of "windmill" but what I got from Roman I had to hear 4 or 5 times before I got it. Then I said "brilliant!". I just love all the connections there little brains are making.
Roman said "it's on the potato chips".
It's on the potato chips. It's on the potato chips.
It's ON THE POTATO CHIPS.


Why yes, yes it is.

2 comments:

Dad said...

The boy knows and loves his chips.
He is the potato chip afficianado.

Jane said...

Right to the head of the class. Love those little minds.