Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Everyone loves a parade

Or do they?
Yes. Of course.

It's been years since I went to a parade. And it was probably the Lumberjack Days parade in Stillwater. And that's the one we visited as a family last Sunday. Grandma Jane came with and we sat in the front yard of one of her friends (Mary - that's easy to remember!)



We had a little time to kill before the parade started. Mary's house is actually on one of the streets leading up to the start of the parade, so we had some floats (Washington County Historical Society, anyone?) staged in front of us.




We had a nice time waiting. Grandma got some quality time with Roman (and you too Zoe!)



Here they come! I'm guessing this was for some martial arts school. Everything and anything seems to be in this parade.


Zoe got some cool shades. Not that she'll actually wear them, but hey...


Michelin man? Stay Puft Marshmallow guy? Am I the only one who confuses these (yes, probably...and probably because they are tangential references for me. I can identify, but only because I've learned what they are. No context for me) [Wikipedia tells me the Stay Puft Marshallow guy is fictional -gasp. Ghostbusters. And that's where I saw it. Didn't I just reference Ghostbusters? Why is this on the top of my brain?!]



Dad liked this. And we all liked another car that I neglected to get a picture of. I did get video though. It was a car with two front ends welded together(that's what Dad said) with two drivers, each facing a different direction. I can't describe it, but it was hard to take your eyes off it because of the way it floated across the road. I don't know if this video captures it, I was a bit mesmerized by it and forgot to move the camera!




Red truck.

Also, there were lots and lots of princess floats. I didn't take pictures. Princess meaning Princess of the city of X, for Y days. Princess Brittany Jessica Swensen from the City of Olafville's Snickerdoodle Days. Yeah, I made that up, but you get the picture.

And they seem to try to differentiate themselves by waving in their own unique way. I didn't know it was possible, but a wave is not just a wave apparently.


Brine's meatball. I think this was before Acapulco came by with bags of chips and salsa (and a bottle of water- ole!).




We needed to wagon to collect all our goodies. I said it was like Halloween. Daddy said it was better than Halloween because the candy came to us. Candy, gum, chips & salsa, meatballs, water, coupons, sunglasses, movie posters...oy! We'll be back.


After two hours (! that's a long parade!), you two were ready for a bottle.

No comments: