Saturday, July 4, 2009

Malmborgs


First time at the nursery?
Blog post! Not too exciting I suppose (for YOU), but hey, mama had her camera. The ladies at the nursery had fun talking to you. I told them we'd be back next year to peak at the goldfish/koi in the small pond.

Mama wanted to fill out the planter that's been sitting vacant up to the 4th of July. Daddy helped pick those out, and a few other plants as well. Your dad has done a lot of work to add flowers and other landscaping to the backyard. Your Uncle Dan the horticulturist is always good for some information on plants as well. Horticulturist? Is that what he's called? That's what he studied in the last several years. Graduated with a degree. He's who I think of when I have a plant question. Who would have guessed they'd both be gardeners? Well and I guess you great aunt Jannie has the talent/bug as well. It's those creative genes. We'll be helping you use your creativity as you grow. The mind wanders thinking of all the 'creations' in your young years. "Look Mom, I made a painting for you...on the wall". Oy. Here's a little story about your mom (that I'm sure I'll repeat). When I was a little girl I decided it would be fun to draw on the bottom of the coffee table. I didn't want to get in trouble though, so I signed your uncle Dan's name. Pretty smart, eh? Horrible! And Grandma blamed Dan. She didn't know until years later when I told her!

No comments: