Thursday, October 14, 2010

The apple orchard, pumpkin harvest fest fall fun tour 2010

Starts here.
First stop Apple Jack Orchards out in Delano


There's lots of stuff, that's for sure, but where there's lots of stuff there are lots of people. And it was a Sunday. And it was sunny and nice. Crowds. Yuck.


But, to market! to market! Zoe did the hands on inspection.





and a pretty cute idea for a pumpkin costume!
The bird is dressing the pumpkin. That's a switch for our gobble gobble gobble (you two are finally saying that, or trying to say that).


Apple Jack had a section with animals. A REAL gobble gobble, which Zoe approached.


And promptly backed away from. This would be the stinky animal face.


On to the chickens. You do have to talk to chickens. You know what kids, I enjoy being a total goofball with you. I like going out in public and making animal sounds. I like talking about the bock bock chickens and the gobble gobble turkeys. I like to watch you imitate the animals. So, I guess that's why I embrace it now. It won't be forever. At 14 you aren't going to appreciate your mama bock bock bocking in public. !


And oodles of pumpkins. This was a few weeks ago, so I'd guess there are fewer of these now.


And a barn! A real live barn with a mural painted on the side! Nice backdrop for a photo, if one could get little ones to sit still.
Running away.

Hugging Daddy.

Being beckoned by Daddy.

  But remaining pensive.

Or teasing your Dad - showing up just long enough for your mom to catch you running away again.


Pumpkin sitting time!
(Can you tell I was "in charge" of Zoe? It's all Zo pictures!)




Ah - Daddy had the camera. And someone just did something painful looking. I'm guessing someone fell and this is my look of "oh my, is everything going to be okay"?


I guess it was!


This place had hayrides and a cow train- a kid sized train made out of barrels that were painted like cows. You two are a little to little for that one. I don't think you'd make it much beyond the starting point without trying to climb out.  Even though you didn't get to take part, you still gave the obligatory wave as the "train" left the station. Good job.


The other night we were all out running errands. Your dad had mentioned earlier in the day that he needed to stop at Fleet Farm to pick up some items for a project.  A few seconds later I registered that Zoe was saying "Horse!". She'd heard farm and thought that we'd be seeing some animals. Logical conclusion, Zoe. Then Roman got excited too. And we had to play it up. Yep, we're going to visit the horses and cows. We split up in the store after Zoe had a melt down. I think she got to see the giant fiberglass cow (why is that there?) and I later took her down the "horse" aisle. oh, there's a word for that stuff.  So I picked out the horsie pictures on the products and all was good with the world. Visiting the farm (city style).

Kind of like visiting the local Asian grocery to visit the "fishies" - live lobster, crabs, catfish etc. They loved that one too. My, we're weird people. But free fun is good :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At 14 you aren't going to appreciate your mama bock bock bocking in public. !
And as Edith Ann (Lily Tomlin's) would say: "And, That's the Truth!"
'One who Knows!' :-) annie