Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Foliage funtastic tour 2010

A few Wednesdays ago (I think, it really becomes a blur) we headed out to Stillwater. Here's the thing: your mom gets restless.  So off we went. I suppose it's no accident that your Grandma Jane and Grandpa Jon were available to help "mind" you.


We had to get outside - I am keenly aware that these days of playing without gearing up in winter gear are quickly dwindling (and do I say this every other post?!!). No matter, it's true. Get out there and play, kids.



We went to Pioneer Park, the location of your Uncle Dan and Aunt Jen's wedding ceremony. A place where I've watched fourth of July Fireworks a time or two. A place I took your uncle Andy when I would babysit him.  A nice park up on the bluff.
And since it's been awhile since I've been there, a new place to me as well.


It didn't take long for you two to be comfortable with the slide. I had to go up there with you and take turns riding down with you, but before long you weren't too afraid to do it yourself (much to grandma's initial fears, I think).


But still, you had to lead Grandma around.


Or maybe just go back to that slide. Wee!


Or...wait. Let's take a walk. There is no stopping with you two.


Nor are the flowers safe in any public location.


But you like to share them. Grandpa got a leaf or two and maybe even a flower.


Toward the end we sat on the bench across from you. The sun was in our eyes so we shaded them with our hands. Little mimic monkeys!:

All and all a good day at the park. AND a McD lunch afterward to boot. Holy cow!

You know sometimes I wonder when my fascination with documenting all things R & Z will end. Truth is I really am amazed by you two. Growing up is really an amazing thing. It gets way more complicated at some point, but this process is just amazing to me. Life affirming I suppose (not to be too over the top!).  Last night I was thinking about how it's not too far off where you'll be talking in totally intelligible sentences. While in the bath last night Roman was watching me go back and forth in the hall. I stepped in the bathroom and he said "what are you doing?". I'm not sure he was entirely purposeful in this question (based on the look on his face when I answered), but it's there. Odd as it is it made me kind of sad. You're really getting big! I kind of like the guesswork of interpreting your language. Ah, but I suppose they'll be plenty of mystery about your "big boy" and "big girl" ways anyway. ;)

No comments: