Monday, October 4, 2010

When you go "up north" you have to go on a hike.

We drove along Skyline drive and stopped at Hawk Ridge, where there were some trails. We started on one of them. Roman, you're going to be the trail leader I think. You took to it like a natural. I think navigating the rocky path was fun for you.


Right after the picture above we got to a high point that dropped off. Not quite toddler skill level hiking. I do look forward to going up here when you're a bit older though. It is nice to get out and do some hiking, and I really love that rock. I'm certainly not a serious outdoorsperson, although the year I met your dad I did do a weekend backpack trip on the Superior Trail that was pretty fun. You get to see places that you just aren't going to see by parking your car at the trailhead and walking in for a day trek. I'm not so sure I'll ever do that again, even when you two are older. But I guess we'll see!

Zoe, you were okay with it for awhile, especially when we pointed out the flowers to you.  Oh goody- more flowers to pick. oy.





No comments: