Monday, October 4, 2010

Your mama is not a llama

When I was little we used to go in the basement and watch movies. Being in the line of work your Grandpa Jon was in we had a real movie projector. Real enough for me (don't ask me the details) - it had the two reels and all that. Sometime it was Laurel and Hardy (2 in particular we watched over and over - the Music Box and Busybodies). Wow, I digress from where I intended to go with this post, but it makes me want to find some of those old shorts!  In the mix was old home movies, which I loved to watch over and over and over again. Funny, I always thought it was odd how your Dad could watch the same movie so many times (Star Wars!), but I guess I had my time and place for that. Your Grandpa Jon has said he never gets tired of Back to the Future and I seem to recall your Uncle Andy getting stuck on a few in his youth (E.T., Back to the Future - where'd he get that? ;), Ghostbusters....). At any rate, one of the scenes in our finely edited home movies was of your Uncle Dan and Grandma Jane at a petting zoo (Grandma with the big late 60's hair), feeding the animals.  Well kiddos, we got to do the same at the zoo in Duluth. Drumroll, please.

 There was some initial caution (that's good!), but you did get closer. Neither one of you were too interested in actually feeding the goats (sheep?). But a quick tap to the head was fun (I'll pretend to pet you).


Roman, you were a little more comfortable with this whole process.


And Dad, you were too. You two spent a good amount of time getting to know this llama.And he knew how to show his affection with you (master manipulator - there's food in them there hands!).


 He even gave a nice smile for the camera. Apparently orthodontics aren't included in his dental package.


On to showering affection on Dad...


Yeah, that is funny :)


Back to Roman. Repetition is key (but I think you guys have figured that one out!)



And a little more obvious tactic (kind of like when you grab our hand and lead us to the counter in the kitchen with the bananas on it).

 Zoe, you kept a respectable distance with Grandma Candy throughout this entire encounter. Not. Interested.


Good times.

No comments: