Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hand me downs



Little Zoe is the first born and the first and only girl. How is it that she's come upon these "hand me downs"? Momma. Grandma B had been saving this outfit for 36 (oh my!) years in anticipation of the little girl her daughter would have. And have her she did.



Zoe had been sleeping most of the day, at least most of the day Mom was home (she got to get out and run some errands). At about 8:30pm she was wide awake in her swing, looking around. Mom talked to her and she put on several wide smiles.






A girls gotta keep warm under the blanket (and flaunt her "I can look right AND left" skills).



Grandma B is going to have to fill in the details on the outfit. I know it was handmade by a friend - I think a woman on our block. I don't know that I have a photo of me in it, otherwise I'd post it!

2 comments:

Jane said...

What was wrong with Grandma B not getting a photo of beautiful baby Mary in that outfit. My friend Kathy,who lived two doors up in the house Aunt Carolyn lived in after, made it. She had been sick and I got to know her being her volunteer nurse. You are right. I saved it for years hoping you would have a little girl too. I didn't give it to you when you first got pregnant. What if it was a boy? Then BINGO. Boy and a girl. How lovely. What a blessing.
Zoe you look beautiful in pink. It brought tears to grandma's eyes to see your pictures. I love you too. Grandma B

Mary said...

Just talked to my mom about this. Apparently the white gown is one in which I was baptized in, as well as my two older brothers. My mom's mom Vivian made it for us.