Friday, December 19, 2008

Roman B



It's funny how when you have a baby you want to try to figure out who they look like. Well they look like themselves! I must admit that when I first saw Roman I thought he bared a resemblance to my father, which by extension was me. After getting over the initial craziness of the first weeks I took some time to look at old family photos. There aren't many of me as a baby but I found a few. I can see a resemblance.
I was #3 of 4, and apparently by #3 the novelty has worn off, even when you're the only girl ;). Now #4, your uncle Andy, was a bit of a surprise so the novelty returned. He was a well photographed child. And very cute too!

Tonight when I was giving him a bath it struck me again how much Roman looks like my side of the family. I can't exactly pinpoint it to one person, but he definitely belongs in the family.


Mom, above, circa 1972. I think the most striking thing about Roman is his big eyes. If only I had my eyes open wide and was looking at the camera! Grandpa didn't have the luxury of a digital camera back in those days, unlike mom who takes about 50 pictures every time she gets the camera out. Volume = a chance of snapping a good shot.

This seems to be a shot at the hospital. Grandma B - so young! She had 3 kids by the time she was 27. I remember realizing that when I was 27. I couldn't imagine it. Who knew we'd get lucky with twins?!


Grandma B, Mom, Uncle Dan, Grandpa B and Uncle Dave. Andy was almost a decade and a half later. He didn't get the opportunity to get dressed in funky 70's clothes. Check out Grandma's pants!




No comments: