Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wyatt Earp's Revenge

One of the problems with Roman's spitting up is that wherever you go you need to make sure you have plenty changes of clothes. We've left several with our daycare provider, and she's nice enough to keep a rotating supply that she washes. When I went to pick up Roman yesterday the only outfit left was a pink one, complete with bunny feet (see Zoe in the same outfit), that said "I love daddy". When we got home I was about to change him when I realized there wasn't much point because he'd be 'earping' up on it soon, so I left him in it. Well at 3am he's still in it.



Now I know intellectually that it really doesn't matter that Roman is wearing pink, but everytime I looked at him it just looked so out of place. Even the "I Love Daddy" seemed odd, although there is nothing gender specific about that. Funny how quickly you can make gender associations. And that's as philosophical I'm going to get at 3:45 in the morning/night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Based on a (very) little empirical evidence, it seems that Roman is much less likely to erp up his bottle while dressed in pink. Perhaps it's a subconscious respect for his sister, though I'm not sure it matters :) In any event, I might have to consider switching his clothes with Zoe's as soon as they arrive in the morning from now on!

--The Daycare