Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sleep?





I'm getting in the bad habit of getting up way too early. There's a point where it's harder to go back to bed and have to get up then to just stay up and try to be awake for the day. Of course I'm gradually injecting the caffeine back into my system, something I didn't want to do because I don't want to become reliant on it. I don't want to feel like I have to have it, if you know what I mean. But I do notice I'm a heck of a lot more chipper and productive when I have the coffee. Uh huh. Quite the dilemma.


Friday night


Last night I got up to feed R around midnight. As he's having the spit up issues, which haven't improved any, I thought I'd sleep on the couch with him on my chest. It seems to help, well at least it seems to ensure that he'll sleep longer. And he did. I woke up around 5. He was still asleep, although he'll occasionally lift his head up for a few seconds with his eyes shut, and settle back in. I put him in the crib around 5:20. By 5:30 he was crying. Bottle time. Vibrating chair time. Time to feed Zoe time. Time for Roman to cry time. Oy.



Our Zoe is an awesome sleeper. She'll go from 11pm to 4 or 5am now.



I think once Roman gets over his stomach issues he'll follow. But we've got some time on that one.



grammatical note to the reader: I find myself injecting "the" in where it doesn't need to be. I think I picked this up from the Craig Ferguson. He does this for some reason and I find it amusing. If I find it amusing I do it myself. Sometimes you just have to make yourself laugh. Especially when you watch the news or read the paper. Pretty dire times otherwise. This blog is a respite from that, so I will speak of it no more... Except to say I keep thinking about how when R & Z grow up they'll read about whatever the heck is going on in our economy (it will have a name no doubt) in their history textbooks. Yeah, it all started right around when they were born.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You are probably too young to remember Ivana Trump referring to her ex as "The Donald". Grandma B