Sunday, December 7, 2008

Now and Later



Yesterday Mom spent some quality time with...the computer. Well and with the kids, which included a stint with Zoe on the playmat in the office with Mom. She's such a mellow girl, she only cries for a couple of reasons, one involving input and the other output. She's a good girl and we think she takes after her dad, personality-wise. Time will tell. Little sweetie.


She loves to look around, strengthening those neck muscles all the way. I love holding her and rubbing my cheek agains her soft hair, and such a sweet smell! In the last couple of weeks we've all noticed how both of their eyelashes have grown. Zoe's got these dainty little eyelashes that curl up perfectly. Roman has long, thick lashes just like his dad. Why do the boys get them? Liza Minnelli would be jealous. Boy, there's a reference they'll never get! But it's the first example that popped in my mind :)


At any rate...
We had photo day Friday night (who am I kidding, everyday is photo day, I'm obsessed). I've been working on our Christmas card. As a blog reader (:)!) you get a video preview. Below is some video of Roman's shoot. He tends to be a little more...immediate in his needs. Hmm, just like mom. I'm hungry, I need food (or my pacifier)..NOW.




I've actually thought about this personality thing a bit, especially at night after responding to Roman's cries. He'll cry and cry and cry, all thru the diaper change. He's desperate for the bottle. I want it NOW. Kind of reminds me of me. Not always patient, not always willing to go thru the minor discomfort without complaining and focusing on the now and not the later. There's often reward in "the later". I'm trying to take a lesson from it. Zoe, she'll cry to let us know she's needing some input or wants removal of the output. Once she's got our attention she doesn't feel the need to dwell on it. She's ok.

I think she's on to something.

No comments: